Mt Vernon AE, how do you like yours?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
I was wondering the pros and cons. There is a 2006 model on our local CL for $1000. The owner says a tech came over and replaced the auger, auger motor and a 1/2doz. Sensors before figuring a faulty control board was the issue. He says, he is sick of trying to fix the problem and is going back to wood. The pics look good, I'll have to try to post them here. I am looking for a bigger stove for next year.
Thanks

Attachments

• 5Ne5G15Fe3Gf3L63Fcbcq4c9303d3183a19e3.jpg
    5Ne5G15Fe3Gf3L63Fcbcq4c9303d3183a19e3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 5Ga5K35He3Kc3L63Mdbcqf8e0973fc31f1370.jpg
    5Ga5K35He3Kc3L63Mdbcqf8e0973fc31f1370.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 5I15Q65F13Ga3M53J3bcq3d6fc008259813a0.jpg
    5I15Q65F13Ga3M53J3bcq3d6fc008259813a0.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 227
I would steer clear of an 06. It was the first year of the AE.

It took a year to get the bugs worked out.

smoke show said:

what does the AE stand for?

VCBurner said:
smoke show said:

Advanced Energy

If I am not mistaken, another member here posted about that exact stove that is for sale some time ago.

John97 said:
VCBurner said:
smoke show said:

Advanced Energy

If I am not mistaken, another member here posted about that exact stove that is for sale some time ago.

Advanced Energy it is although there is nothing it burns that others didn't burn before it did.

Oldmountvernon almost bought a troublesome 06 but I can't remember where it was from.

I knew I was right. :)

I assume the board was not change. Replacing the board would also mean changing the thermostat. The burn-pot, thermocouple, ash-pan rollers, and baffle all have been updated since 06.

K thanks guys! It looked like a price that was too good to be true. One of the scenarios that jumped into mind was the guy taking the thing apart and haphazardly replacing things with random parts. :ahhh:

Mt Vernon Heat said:
I assume the board was not change. Replacing the board would also mean changing the thermostat. The burn-pot, thermocouple, ash-pan rollers, and baffle all have been updated since 06.
Can those parts be replaced with the updated ones. What kind of cost are we talking for all those parts? Sounds like an expensive nightmare.

VCBurner said:
Mt Vernon Heat said:
Can those parts be replaced with the updated ones. What kind of cost are we talking for all those parts? Sounds like an expensive nightmare.
After all that its still an 06. too risky IMO

Heres an example of one listed near me.

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/hsh/2802810417.html

Status
Not open for further replies.