Mt Vernon AE Igniter failure - possible Circuit issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

webguynj

Jan 5, 2021
New Jersey
I've replace igniters on my Mt Vernon AE multiple times in the 20 years I've owned it - they just go bad. I had one go the other day, and I replaced it. The new one worked for one night, then a wire came off - I thought that was weird. I replaced it with a second igniter, and now my main circuit is blowing, not the fuse on the power supply but the main panel circuit. Both replacement igniters were third party from a reputable ebay supplier. Is there something I should check before installing a third igniter (OEM) or are there known issues with third party?

All i can say is you get what you pay for. A lot of the Chinese stuff is very low quality, the standars are not what the oem would require so they sell them cheaper not just igniters. If your going to by the aftermarket go to one of the websites and avoid flea bay

Reactions: ABusWrench