Mt. Vernon AE Insert Probs.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyatt9696

Hearth Supporter
Sep 26, 2009
CT
Hey all, i have a mt vern insert still under warranty. I'm having several problems, and just want to see in any of the fine folks here have run into this.
My entire stove shuts down(keypad too) when put into normal fan speed(doesn't happen in quiet mode) or put into hi power(heat output). it's as if someone pulled the plug. in order to restart, i have to unplug the unit and plug back in. any thoughts as to what it could be? thanks

I had this happen a few times on my Mount Vernon AE last year when we first put it in but it wasn't based on a fan speed setting; it was static discharge. By touching the thermostat or even the stove and getting a shock it would cause the display to blank and the stove to stop working until it was unplugged. This hasn't been a problem since we got the thermostat mounted proper on a wall; before the thermostat was just laid on a nearby table.

Depending on what you have in there now, they may need to replace the wall control and/or the control board. Could be the glitch with the static that mainegeek mentioned acting up.

I'd have your dealer check it out while it is still under warrantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.