mt vernon-heat output

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnspin

Dec 10, 2010
Long Island
my mt Vernon is 2 years old and would not light. I replaced the igniter and unit started fine and fan came on. now I cant get the room warm enough to shut it down automatically.
Thinking maybe the thermocouple is bad? not sure .

is it burning ok?
when was the last time you fully cleaned the stove and vent?

Auto or Manual mode? What temp are you set at and what heat output setting (if in manual mode). How is your flame height? Is the fire "lazy" with dark orange flame and black tips? Is your glass sooting up quickly? What brand of pellets? Are you using the right fuel type setting?

As smoke show asked, when was the last time you did a full cleaning including the vent?

Is this a new phenomena? It has been pretty cold in the northeast the last 2 days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.