Mt Vernon readout says "auger jam", now cleared and vacuumed, but w/not "retry" ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macrovertigo

Jun 30, 2008
Southeast Vermont
edhuse.com
(I tried looking in the posts for similar issue but found none on this) I read in the manual for "jammed auger" only "to take out the feed system and check it for obstruction". Is this something I can easily do or is there some reason to call the installers?

I have called installer who recommended I empty and vacuum out hopper and auger tube then hold the button under "retry" on the instrument panel. The auger was snug and jammed in fact, have cleared and vacuumed it, and now it jiggles freely. I was able to see up the feed chute from burn pot with flashlight and mirror and I can see that the channel is free of obstruction and the curve of the auger is visible. Anything I can see or feel is free, but depressing the button (bottom left) under the "retry" does nothing.

So, I cannot make the retry button take the command to "retry" by holding it for a couple of seconds - at least 5 or more seconds. Should I unplug it and give the unit a few minutes to reset itself or something?
Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

After three brief but informative and helpful telephone consultations with my installer the problem is resolved. On his advice, I did unplug, wait two minutes, and then plug the unit in again, and this time it took over and went about it's business with no further problems. This only goes to show that it pays to go with a retailer/installer who sells and services the equipment - the team at HB Plumbing in Springfield, Vermont, are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.