Muffler falling off (again) Husky 350

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there we have it.

That'll be part of the plan now.

Thanks

You're welcome.....hope you get it sorted out. Great little saws.

That 555 is a very nice saw. Its basically the de-tuned 562xp.

Very nice saw. Make sure to read that little book that comes with it ;) Has some valuable info on making sure you "Tune" the auto-tune correctly. Although it says to keep it in wood for 3-5 min (IIRC), this does bot mean continously. You can cut a 14" log, but dont hold it wide open until your in the cut.

Congrats on the new saw :) Now we NEED pics. You know the rules Pen ;) Never happened without pics ;lol

Reactions: pen
I missed that part, congrats on the 555!

Dex when did you get a 562? Now I really have to make a trip to your place. Been wanting to run one of those. I'll bring my 2100 for you to run

I dont kiss and tell ;)

Bring some gloves too. I got a bunch of wood to stack. :cool:

That 555 is a very nice saw. Its basically the de-tuned 562xp.

Very nice saw. Make sure to read that little book that comes with it ;) Has some valuable info on making sure you "Tune" the auto-tune correctly. Although it says to keep it in wood for 3-5 min (IIRC), this does bot mean continously. You can cut a 14" log, but dont hold it wide open until your in the cut.

Congrats on the new saw :) Now we NEED pics. You know the rules Pen ;) Never happened without pics ;lol

It'll be at least a week till I get the saw so I have to sit with anticipation until I can get back to town. The one I was playing with was the last in stock and was sold.

My buddy who I cut with bought the 562xp last year and it's a beast. With only .4 less hp and the 555 is lighter than the 562, and will do all I need (plus I could borrow his if I really needed an even longer bar) I saw no reason to spend the extra $$$ on the xp since the 350 has done all I've needed for the past 7 years, I figure the 555 should be a big improvement.

I'm pumped.

pen

Reactions: HittinSteel
Can you use one of these?
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/36753069 key locking inserts
You will need enough material to to tap the cylinder M8.
We use these inserts frequently at work, they can be removed and replaced if needed.
The muffler screws on my 350 have never been a problem.

As I was reading the replies to this thread, I was thinking Keenserts. There are several different brands and styles of these things, but they are all far better than Heli-coils.

Red Loc-tite, everything else is stock except the spark screen was removed. It has run like that for about 9 years with no additional attention to the muffler. The 350 runs!

Reactions: pen
Mine has/had the top screws holding the plastic on coming free as well as the muffler bolts. Red LT worked for me as well with no further issues. Although mine is super cold blooded and starts really hard from a cold sit.

Bob, you likely need a relatively simple carb rebuild. The pump diaphragm may be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.