Multifuel stove recommendation's that are easy DIY and 65,000 BTU plus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ditchqueen

Jan 3, 2015
nh
I am looking for a good multistove that is at least 65,000 btu's, but higher the better. That's easy to DIY fix.
I currently have a 10-CDV Englander, which I love, but just doesn't put out the heat I need ( we moved and it's undersized now).
I rarely burn corn, but do a mix once in awhile and would like the option to burn other fuels, if I was ever in a pinch.
The Englander is super easy to fix when needed and would like a new one to be easy as well.
I don't care about an electronic thermostat or Wifi controll. Just looking for a good stove.
I've been looking and saw a US stove that seems to meet these requirements- but haven't seen great feedback on them.

I bought a used 2008 Harman P68 and it is EXTREMELY ez to fix, parts are plentiful and not expensive. I have owned 5 different types of pellet stoves and the P68 is BY FAR the easiest and cheapest to maintain. Because they are so cheap to maintain and or rebuild.....I would only buy a used one and rebuild it as necessary. Going forward, It is the only pellet stove i will ever own.

Reactions: ABusWrench
I bought a used 2008 Harman P68 and it is EXTREMELY ez to fix, parts are plentiful and not expensive. I have owned 5 different types of pellet stoves and the P68 is BY FAR the easiest and cheapest to maintain. Because they are so cheap to maintain and or rebuild.....I would only buy a used one and rebuild it as necessary. Going forward, It is the only pellet stove i will ever own.
Also......my stove runs pretty much continually from mid Nov thru the mid of May using 5 tons + of pellets and only need to empty the ash pan once every 2 months. I use doug fir pellets which are expensive.... but extremely clean and with very very little ash

Reactions: ABusWrench
My Harman manual says to burn no more than 50/50 corn/pellet mixture.

I've never tried it, because my stove works great with the pellets I buy, so I don't want to mess up a good thing.

You will be hard pressed to find a pellet stove that burns over 60,000 Btu
and if they do will want to be fed often .