Multiple uses of our pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Our pellet stove has a hopper extension on it. The surface area is only warm to touch. That is just right for putting a bowl of bread dough on when you want it to rise right up. And ,oh, the aroma of yeast bread raising is just so good!
Another use is for drying wet things. I have a collapsible drying rack that I set a few feet away (so that the animals can't tip it over onto the stove) and put my coat, gloves and boots on. Also good for drying out large items such as comforters. The house can use the moisture while I attempt to save a little electricity.

Never though to use it for the bread/pizza dough, But we have used it for years as a cloths drier. Coats, Boots, Mittens and Hats too!. Don't forget the bottom, Works great as a bottom warmer after messing around in the cold. :)

great idea about the dough !
Been using mine as a clothes dryer (also) with wet clothes outside.
Also good for some clothes right out of washer.
Also use as a dog dryer after Fido bath.
( the oil guy ain't too impressed with it though )

Theres an idea!

Never thought about rising dough on the stove tops, but we do keep a collapsible clothes
thingie nearby for when mittens need drying.

I've been using mine as a conservation piece. I always have it lit when friends come over (you know to keep the conversation interesting, at least for me!)

doublewide said:
I've been using mine as a conservation piece. I always have it lit when friends come over (you know to keep the conversation interesting, at least for me!)

Do you mean you use it for a conservation piece or a conversation piece?
000205B3.gif

Ro3bert said:
doublewide said:

Do you mean you use it for a conservation piece or a conversation piece?
000205B3.gif

Well, the pellet bags do say, "The cleanest form of energy."

Status
Not open for further replies.