Museum of Science and Technology Ottawa.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
Taking the family to the Museum of Science and Technology in Ottawa tomorrow. Any of you ever been? We have been to the Canadian Museum of Civilization, back before we had the three little ones. The little ones are not that little anymore.

It has been 8-10 years, but it was worth the trip. I remember it not being as nice as Toronto's . Seems like we visited another museum fairly close to the s&t museum while in the city..Aviation maybe?

I have plenty of work outside to do. And a new (used) Kubota that will be sitting in the garage tomorrow. On my last day off from work! And my wife tries to say she doesn't have enough pull around our house. :roll: Oh, brother! :lol:

Here is a link to the New England Model Engineering Society. There are a boatload of links to meet-ups and tons of pictures of machinery, engines and tractors. Just scroll down a bit and it has a list of shows and meets. I hope someone finds it interesting.

http://www.neme-s.org/

We grew up going to the Franklin Institute quite often - being in Philly, it tends to be where your class trip goes.

I always give thanks to old Ben, who is enshrined there in many ways including a giant statue when you first walk in! Back in the day, we used to marvel at the AT&T relays that could beat (or draw) you in Tick-tack-toe! But more impressive is the lightning generator! That thing will scare you big time.

Downstairs they have full size locomotives - which actually work! They go about 20 feet back and forth.

The trip turned out good. We first went to the Museum of Science and Technology. The kids liked it, especially the ride into space, simulator that we all went on. Pretty cool. Then we went downtown to see the ice sculptures at Winterlude 2012. We got a chance to see some carvers doing sculptures in a compitition, and get a little exercise walking around down by the canal. That was all good as well. Picked up a 12 of Molson Canadian on the way back home with a few Coffee Crisp. Can't get those over here. Pretty tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.