MWP Softwoods in SW NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
Does anyone know of a dealer in South Western NH (Monadnock region) for Maine Wood Pellets softwoods? I have 4 tons of the mix blend, but want a couple of tons of SW. I used Okies last heating season but am trying to find a cheaper alternative.

In Littleton, HD sold them, so maybe try HD. I had great luck with them.

Tom C.

That was my thought as well. Maybe silverfox didn't realize I was looking for the softy version. I did find some in my area by the way, the price was very high @ $285/ton. I'm still going to get a couple of tons, just need to pad the saving account a little more first.

I went to SIB's site and he is selling them for $239/ton delivered!. I paid almost that much for the mix blend a couple months ago! Hey SIB, do you deliver to SW NH??!?!?!?!

Maybe silverfox didn't realize I was looking for the softy version.

That may be correct, I bought MWP at HD last year. Very satisfied, but maybe they were a blend.

tom

I know this thread was written a long time ago, but if you all are still receiving updates, can anyone tell me where I can get Okanagan or Vermont wood pellets in or close to the Monadnock region? I'm getting my first stove and I just keep reading these are the brands to buy...but I can't find them around here! Any advice would be most appreciated... thx

Man, too bad NEWP doesn't have a top-tier reputation; they're made just across town from you. At least their NH mill is said to make better pellets than their NY mills. Try looking on those pellet companies' sites for a dealer locator.

Reactions: RandyS
Man, too bad NEWP doesn't have a top-tier reputation; they're made just across town from you. At least their NH mill is said to make better pellets than their NY mills. Try looking on those pellet companies' sites for a dealer locator.

I have been looking on their sites...Okanagan doesn't specify. But, yes...NEWP would be perfect, as it is really close...but I may have to resort to them if I can't find anything better, which kinda sucks. I'll keep looking, though...

Heck, you might be able to get a discount for dock sales. That's a whole lot of expense you're saving them by picking up straight from their address.

It wasn't the manufacturer, but I once lived near a beverage distributor's warehouse that offered dock sales. End consumers rarely went there and so very few knew of an unadvertised deal: the good remains of a partially broken case of beer were sold tax-free for $0.25 per bottle! That was only as far back as 2008. You know we visited them early and often that summer. ;lol Then the economy sputtered and they jacked prices to $0.50, then $1.00, within a year.

Doubt NEWP has any open-bag deals for obvious reasons, but it couldn't hurt to ask if they discount for dock sales.

Seem's NEWP wont sell any of there pellet's below NH. so here in Ct were stuck with there CHIT NY stuff

Seem's NEWP wont sell any of there pellet's below NH. so here in Ct were stuck with there CHIT NY stuff
I wouldn't say the Jaffery NEWPS aren't CHIT...

Status
Not open for further replies.