1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My beautiful fire....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Hearth Mistress, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Nothing like glowing embers, Adult Swim/Cartoon Network on the TV, my Two Jack Russell Terriers curled up on the sofa with me and a single malt scotch. Granted its 78 in my living room now that the logs are burnt down but I'm Loving it!

image.jpg
    Thistle, ScotO, raybonz and 5 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Can't say as I have ever watched the adult swim cartoons, but I'm with the both of you on the other points! Sometimes I just like to sit by the nc-13 at the cottage and warm up and relax. The single malt is just an added bonus, but I always have to drive after being there, so none for me till summer...well none at the cottage anyway!
  3. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Sounds nice Hearth Mistress.
  4. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Enjoy !!!!

Gotta love the terriers :)
  5. Mackj

Mackj New Member

Loc:
    Fruitport MI
    Now that I have been burning 3 years I never want to go through a winter without!
    ScotO likes this.
  6. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I don't know why but I enjoy King of the Hill.
  7. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    One of my favorites too. I have seen them so many times on Adult Swim, I can usually predict which one will be next since they often play them in order. I watch TV to be entertained, not to think, so cartoons mush my mind nightly :)
  8. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Nice lookin fire there! As for the cartoons, I prefer the oldies (the original Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, etc.) I just can't get into the Adult Swim cartoons......
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Is my son hanging out at your house Jeni? ==c
  10. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Begreen,
    If your son was here, I would know as he would be out there cutting and stacking my wood. I don't have kids but often say that having them as "free labor" during cutting season would ALMOST be worth the torture of parenthood :)

Scotty,
    Those have a place in my heart too, cartoon network runs Looney tunes 6:30am and noon ,Tom & Jerry is on daily at 1. I work from home and the TV is usually on until the new Scooby Doo at 2 , not into that one :)
    ScotO likes this.
  11. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    My older boy is used to that and can be a great help when he stops by. But come dark he would have Adult Swim on and be dipping into your scotch.
  12. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Free labor to help cut/stack wood, he'd be welcome to my scotch. My hubby thinks it is battery acid so at least I'd have a drinking buddy. Funny story. We just had my hubby's work Xmas party over the weekend at a nice country club. We walked to the bar and he orders a dewars and ginger ale with a lime and a glass of blush wine. The bartender made both drinks and handed me the wine. My very embarrassed husband intercepted it and said " uh, that is for me" the bartender just smirked, handed me my drink and told my husband "scotch drinker uh? She's a keeper!" To which my husband replied, "yes, but she only drinks cheap dewars out, its $120 Macallan 18 at home!"
  13. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Got me beat there. I don't drink $110 anything at home or away. I did try some $250 port a long while back and it was very fine. But I wasn't buying.
  14. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Got a unopened bottle of Highland Park 18 single malt on mantel.Special online price almost 5 yrs ago - around $60 including UPS,roughly 1/2 price what its normally. One of these days I'll probably open it for a special occasion.Also on top of corner wall cabinet near there a unopened bottle of Edradour 10 yr (smallest distillery in Scotland traditionally had 3 working employees,now just 2.Only produces 12 casks a week) bought at same time.
  15. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Thistle,
    Ok, well next time I come out to Waterloo, we will have to make up a special occasion to crack those open!