1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

My beautiful fire....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Hearth Mistress, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Nothing like glowing embers, Adult Swim/Cartoon Network on the TV, my Two Jack Russell Terriers curled up on the sofa with me and a single malt scotch. Granted its 78 in my living room now that the logs are burnt down but I'm Loving it!

image.jpg
    Thistle, ScotO, raybonz and 5 others like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Can't say as I have ever watched the adult swim cartoons, but I'm with the both of you on the other points! Sometimes I just like to sit by the nc-13 at the cottage and warm up and relax. The single malt is just an added bonus, but I always have to drive after being there, so none for me till summer...well none at the cottage anyway!
  3. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Sounds nice Hearth Mistress.
  4. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Enjoy !!!!

Gotta love the terriers :)
  5. Mackj

Mackj New Member

Loc:
    Fruitport MI
    Now that I have been burning 3 years I never want to go through a winter without!
    ScotO likes this.
  6. Paulywalnut

Paulywalnut Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I don't know why but I enjoy King of the Hill.
  7. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    One of my favorites too. I have seen them so many times on Adult Swim, I can usually predict which one will be next since they often play them in order. I watch TV to be entertained, not to think, so cartoons mush my mind nightly :)
  8. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Nice lookin fire there! As for the cartoons, I prefer the oldies (the original Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, etc.) I just can't get into the Adult Swim cartoons......
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Is my son hanging out at your house Jeni? ==c
  10. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Begreen,
    If your son was here, I would know as he would be out there cutting and stacking my wood. I don't have kids but often say that having them as "free labor" during cutting season would ALMOST be worth the torture of parenthood :)

Scotty,
    Those have a place in my heart too, cartoon network runs Looney tunes 6:30am and noon ,Tom & Jerry is on daily at 1. I work from home and the TV is usually on until the new Scooby Doo at 2 , not into that one :)
    ScotO likes this.
  11. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    My older boy is used to that and can be a great help when he stops by. But come dark he would have Adult Swim on and be dipping into your scotch.
  12. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Free labor to help cut/stack wood, he'd be welcome to my scotch. My hubby thinks it is battery acid so at least I'd have a drinking buddy. Funny story. We just had my hubby's work Xmas party over the weekend at a nice country club. We walked to the bar and he orders a dewars and ginger ale with a lime and a glass of blush wine. The bartender made both drinks and handed me the wine. My very embarrassed husband intercepted it and said " uh, that is for me" the bartender just smirked, handed me my drink and told my husband "scotch drinker uh? She's a keeper!" To which my husband replied, "yes, but she only drinks cheap dewars out, its $120 Macallan 18 at home!"
  13. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Got me beat there. I don't drink $110 anything at home or away. I did try some $250 port a long while back and it was very fine. But I wasn't buying.
  14. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Got a unopened bottle of Highland Park 18 single malt on mantel.Special online price almost 5 yrs ago - around $60 including UPS,roughly 1/2 price what its normally. One of these days I'll probably open it for a special occasion.Also on top of corner wall cabinet near there a unopened bottle of Edradour 10 yr (smallest distillery in Scotland traditionally had 3 working employees,now just 2.Only produces 12 casks a week) bought at same time.
  15. Hearth Mistress

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    Thistle,
    Ok, well next time I come out to Waterloo, we will have to make up a special occasion to crack those open!