1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

My Encore is installed

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by elkimmeg, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I removed the Resolute Acclaim and will be getting it ready for sale after I go threw it. Not an easy task,
    horsing these 400 lb plus beast around. The Encore is in place and hooked up to the connector pipe, I could fire it now.

I will be making tweaks and rebuilding the two front door and glass gasketing. I still indend to replace the griddle gasket.
    I may replace the cat combustor as well but it is not bad.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    On-ward , yeaha .......... mush .........mush ........ yeaha ! Get-er-done. What do you mean "you could fire it up" ? Com-mon Elk , fire that puppy up ! Get her up to 600° , let us know how it feels .
  3. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    have you had the permit signed off yet? :)
  4. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Ha! ! one in every croud . 2 points for MSG
  5. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

At my house I need an open permit and just add to it and pay the fees. It will be permitted and inspected. Really nothing changed but the model of the stove.It is sitting in the exact location as the Resolute Accclaim. About 18" of connector pipe straight out be back into a separate 8/8 clay flue. Naturally with the 1/4" per ft pitch upward. Roo it will be fired up soon enough, but not when it is fairly hot and humid. Man thoses things are heavy. I'm feelling it now. I have a brand new ceramic enamal top for the Resolute Acclaim to install. While apart it will be fully cleaned and blow gun blown out. There will not be one chip on the entire surface after the new top is installed.
  6. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    How about some pictures Elk?
  7. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Looking on Ebay I figured I would purchase the missing handles. The price for the cermanic door handle $25
    ash door handle $15 griggle handle $15 and Damper handle 25" That's Ebay and $80 for handles. Retail one would approach
    $100. Time to crank out the lathe Using 3/4" dowels and 1/4" machins screws wascher and nuts I now have very attractive handles The cost $2.50 for the screws nuts and washers. The rest, such as the dowell, I had here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.