My firewood processing area and next season stack.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantheman300z

Burning Hunk
Dec 18, 2015
Northeast IN
Hey fellow burners. Wanted to post up my scrounges and process for next winters burning loot. I acquired a very nice cherry tree over the weekend. It's my father in laws neighbor's, from a mile down the road. The two full sized logs arestraight pieces from the trunk I may take to the mill. The stack near the awningis the cherry. That is as well my first attempt at a holz hausen. 8 foot in diameter and shooting for 10 feet tall. This is becoming an addiction, hopefully you all enjoy as well as I do.

IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG

Thanks! Yeah I was very happy with the cherry tree, the land owner has another one down a little smaller and will be marking more trees for me to remove.

Last edited:
Thats awesome cherry is good burning wood. Take that straight stuff to the mill and get some $$$$, might as well:cool:

Ditto on the worth. I may take them this week, though it took 3 guys to get them in and out of the bed of my truck. I will need help again haha.

Reactions: Omaha419
Status
Not open for further replies.