My first wood stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite nice buying the whole package with installation and in one day it's installed. Plus, it is two stories and I imagine you'll need some help with the liner.
That part of the house is actually just one story, so I don't think it would be that difficult to get the liner down in there. Did you buy the "whole package"? If so, about how much did it cost, where did you get it from and how much would you have saved if you installed yourself?

It's too long ago-I forgot. Not cheap. One story easier. Does the fireplace get good draft? The chimney sounds like it's in the shadow of the main house.

Ok. I took a couple pictures from on top of my entertainment room.

Here is a picture of the chimney that goes into my entertainment room. It has two flues. The one on the left goes into the entertainment room where the fireplace is. The second one goes down into the garage (backside of the fireplace). I think they used a wood burning stove in the garage to heat at one point.

IMG_20140819_174126853_HDR.jpg

This second picture is of the chimney that goes through the second floor, and the first and then into the basement where the oil furnace is. To me, it looks like it only has one flue, but I could be wrong since I didn't make it on top of the roof.

IMG_20140819_174114668_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.