My new Enviro M55 Cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eatonpcat

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2011
Eaton Township, Ohio
Before

My new Enviro M55 Cast

Before...Part of Mantle removed

My new Enviro M55 Cast

After

My new Enviro M55 Cast

After...

My new Enviro M55 Cast

My next shot will be of me enjoying a fire..But that will have to wait, because the insert shut down 30 minutes after the install guys left!! Hopefully it will be up and running today. Blood pressure running high, Must control my temper LOL!!!

Looks real nice. Congratulations! Did he say what caused it to shut down?

Gorgeous ...

Stove looks great. Good luck with it.

My Enviro m55cast freestanding will be in tomorrow. Cant wait to install and start burning

Thanks guys, Hopefully the service tech can get it up and running properly tonight. Don't know why it shut down, But the Auger wasn't turning and the pellets just kinda smoldered in the burn pot when I started her back up.

Eatonpcat said:
Thanks guys, Hopefully the service tech can get it up and running properly tonight. Don't know why it shut down, But the Auger wasn't turning and the pellets just kinda smoldered in the burn pot when I started her back up.

On the first run, you will have to prime the burn pot with several handfulls of pellets. This is because it takes a while before pellets fill the auger and make their way to the top to drop down to the burn pot.

flynfrfun said:
Eatonpcat said:

On the first run, you will have to prime the burn pot with several handfulls of pellets. This is because it takes a while before pellets fill the auger and make their way to the top to drop down to the burn pot.

Thanks...The install guy did prime the pot and the stove worked or at least appeared to be working for about an hour before things to a bad turn!

Looks real good! Best of luck getting it going again.

Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

Lets see if we can help you figure this out, What mode is it in and Does it have a stat hooked up to it?

Wow. Looks great.

Did you shut it down? Or did it shut down on its own?

DexterDay said:
Wow. Looks great.

Did you shut it down? Or did it shut down on its own?

I guess I turned it off without knowing...The Installer plug it in to an outlet in my basement that works off the wall switch.

When the stove was first started by the installer, it was making a loud grinding noise. He adjusted something and got it to stop. What I didn't know, was he basically disconnected the burn pot agitator (made that name up). Last night the service guy came and he slid the agitator back in, Fired it up and it seemed to be working fine!! Spent my first night in front of the stove by a warm fire with Karl!! Not how I pictured the first fire. He left and about a half an hour later, the stove started making the grinding noise again. I figure it has to be the agitator, so he will be back to fix it!

On a brighter note, I ran the stove on high for about an hour or so and it had the entire downstairs toasty warm. Turned it down to level two and ran it all night.
My new Enviro M55 Cast

j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

Lets see if we can help you figure this out, What mode is it in and Does it have a stat hooked up to it?

The stat is hooked up, but it is running in manual mode. It's making a loud grinding noise (Can hear it clearly all the way upstairs in bed), I think it is the agitator making the noise. I did get some heat out of it last night, but need to get the ginding sound fixed.

Thanks for any thoughts or help j-takeman!

I think my wife is getting the Pig FEVER... Below is a quote from an email she sent this morning.

"Just to let you know it got up to 73 in the hall...I had turned it down to a 1 about 8:00am it does use a bit of pellets....we need to go and get more asap...before we use a lot of these good(so called) by people pellets.I think they are prettu good but then it has not been cold.....maybe call that other store and see if they have any left....."

Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

The stat is hooked up, but it is running in manual mode. It's making a loud grinding noise (Can hear it clearly all the way upstairs in bed), I think it is the agitator making the noise. I did get some heat out of it last night, but need to get the ginding sound fixed.

I think my wife is getting the Pig FEVER... Below is a quote from an email she sent this morning.

"Just to let you know it got up to 73 in the hall...I had turned it down to a 1 about 8:00am it does use a bit of pellets....we need to go and get more asap...before we use a lot of these good(so called) by people pellets.I think they are prettu good but then it has not been cold.....maybe call that other store and see if they have any left....."

HD has AWF's for $177 on Brookpark Rd (off at Tiedimann on 480)
Menards has Somersets for $175
Lowes on Ridge Rd (off 480) has Green Supremes for $297 but I would have them call and price match the HD that has the AWF's (3 miles down the road) and also stop at the Post Office and get a "Movers Packet" use the 10% off coupon and get Green Supremes for about $160 (give or take)

Looks great. It dont take long to catch the "Fever". Everytime I go to Heat Exchange I eye the showroom model up. I might swing up there this week to see if its burning yet. 2 weeks ago they said it wasn't cold enough yet.

Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

The agitator chain is most likely too tight.

Agitator Motor Removal:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agitator Motor Installation:
[/quote]

DexterDay said:
Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

HD has AWF's for $177 on Brookpark Rd (off at Tiedimann on 480)
Menards has Somersets for $175
Lowes on Ridge Rd (off 480) has Green Supremes for $297 but I would have them call and price match the HD that has the AWF's (3 miles down the road) and also stop at the Post Office and get a "Movers Packet" use the 10% off coupon and get Green Supremes for about $160 (give or take)

Looks great. It dont take long to catch the "Fever". Everytime I go to Heat Exchange I eye the showroom model up. I might swing up there this week to see if its burning yet. 2 weeks ago they said it wasn't cold enough yet.

Thanks Kenis...Just talked to the owner an hour or so ago, They have the stove fired up for the lasr couple of days!!

j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat said:
j-takeman said:
Eatonpcat
the stove looks grand!

The agitator chain is most likely too tight.

Agitator Motor Removal:

Agitator Motor Installation:
[/quote]

Thanks, that just may be the problem... Come on over, I'll buy you a beer!!

Check to see if the stove is in premium fuel mode. If so, it will have a red LED on the control panel lit. If you are in premium, then the agitator will only spin for 1 minute once every 30 minutes. So, if you are hearing the growling sound more often than that, it's not likely the agitator. However, taking note of your post, it sounds like the noise starts after the stove is heated up. If that's the case, then I'd vote that the agitator's chain is too tight (like someone else posted). The sproket will expand a little when it heats up and make the chain too tight. I set my chain with about 1/4" play when pressed down in the middle to stop this from happening.

looks great. whats the story with ford 350 grille.

also why u take off all the nice wood hearth is the clearance to close to your stove

Fish On said:
looks great. whats the story with ford 350 grille.

also why u take off all the nice wood hearth is the clearance to close to your stove

Just goofing around with the grill...

The wood had to come off for the stove surround to fit. I still have to put in a new mantle, trying to figure out if I can retrofit the old one!

@ Flynfrfun...Thanks, the stove is set to premium. Got a call from the shop last night and they told my to remove the burnpot and reseat the base. Seems to have fixed the problem (knock on wood). Burned thru the night and I didn't hear any of the grinding noise.

Glad it was an easy fix! Enjoy the heat.

Beautiful installation! It breaks my heart to see you have to take off that gorgeous mantel! I hope you can figure a way to expand it to fit around the stove.
I figured the FORD grill just fell off and you were storing it....... :cheese:

I thought that the Grill looked good. Im a Ford guy though. Went well with the Decor.

DexterDay said:
I thought that the Grill looked good. Im a Ford guy though. Went well with the Decor.

I actually liked it too, to be honest. I've had all three brands of pickups and have to say I would go out of my way to kick a GM design engineer in the cajones for some of the crap that they designed. eg> the front hub bearing ass'y on the Colorado's. Can't just change a bearing. Oh no, you've got buy this $400+ ASSEMBLY with speed sensor instead of two $6 bearings and a seal. AND you can't just change the front brake rotor as normally done. You have to take this bearing ass'y OFF since they put the rotor on the INSIDE of the hub that has the wheel studs! WTF?
My son has an older 97 Z71 and I am continually shaking my head as stupid stuff on there. Just upgraded the injector system Saturday from the POS stock system to the one that has the valves down at the injector ports. on and on....... :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.