My new Harman P35i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalleye

Jan 16, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Just got my new Harman P35i installed today. Opted for the nickel grill and log set. Had to get the over-sized surround due to a very large opening in the one side of the double-sided fireplace we put it in. Might convert the other side of the fireplace into an entertainment center (sorta - at least mount the TV on the opposite side to make use of it).

Anyways, I'm glad it's around 55F here in Ohio right now (35F tomorrow). Got the windows wide open while we get through the first burn.

Thanks to the Hearth for the advice, I'm sure I'll be reading everyone's posts about fine tuning this puppy. Time to study the manual...

Attachments

• Harman P35I 110218.jpg
    Harman P35I 110218.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 618
Looks great, keep her clean ...

So...while I'm here...shut down the stove while I took the misses out for dinner. Went through it's shut down procedure, but 2.5 hours later I got home and the combustion blower was still blowing. Any ideas?

I read (and was told) that turning the dial to OFF would allow it to do it's thing and shut down. It was on Auto Igniter, Feed Rate 3, and Room Temp / Stove Temp dial in the OFF position with combustion blower light ON and still audibly working...

What was the outside temperature in your area today?
That will affect the time it takes for Harman units to completely shut down.
The ESP in the exhaust stream has to get to 90 degrees before the
unit will stop feeding & blowing...
2.5 hours to shut down is not out of the question on a relatively warm day...

Status
Not open for further replies.