My start for next year.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmmuellr

Nov 23, 2009
SE Michigan
I had a Lopi Republic installed just before Thanksgiving and burned about 2 to 2 1/3 cord this winter. I'm trying to get prepared for next winter and have been working on some scrounge wood that I have available to me.

At home I've stacked this from a standing dead ash that my father-in-law and I took down around Christmas. I burned the top, this is the lower section of the trunk, probably the lower 25 ft or so. It was a pretty big tree!

In process on my driveway (yeah, my neighbors love me!) this winter
Firewood003.jpg

C/S/S
Tree.jpg

I don't have any more room to store more at my house, so my dad said that I could put a stack at his house. This is 1/3 cord of red oak that was given to me by one of the Cub Scout dad's in my son's den, and 1/3 cord of ash that was taken down in my subdivision's common area. There's a good cord plus still laying on the ground that I need to find room for somewhere! This stack is 12ft x 6ft.

Tree005.jpg

When I went to my folks's (who are in Florida) to put the new wood rack up and stack, I turned the corner to his backyard and saw this ash that my dad say's he's been waiting for to fall. Its been stripped of bark for years, so it should be ready for this winter no problem. I'll get it C/S/S before they get home at the end of the month.

Tree003.gif

Tree002.gif

With that tree, and what is on the ground in the commons area (assuming I can find a place to stack it!) I should be set for next winter.

K

Nice work! That should provide you with some nice heat next year.

Your neighbors are jealous!

The neighbours are jealous because you're saving on your heating, getting some exercise without a gym membership, and can swing an axe without hitting your shin or looking like a sissy.
Nice looking wood, and nice ranks for drying. I bet they make a conversation piece, too.
Happy burning!

Yes! Keep on cutting and stacking. You are doing just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.