My Wood Haulers in Action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Here is my main wood hauler, Polaris Hawkeye:
IMG_7995.jpg

This is the trailer I pull behind the Hawkeye, purchased years ago from Harbor Freight, one of the best buys I ever made. When it's dry and possibility of forest fires, this is the way it looks. Note the water and shovel! I've never needed them, but I feel better just in case:
IMG_9691.jpg

And once in awhile I use my truck. Not very often, usually use the Hawkeye and trailer:
IMG_6516.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I've got the same trailer. Exact same one. I had a particle board floor as the original. I recently redid it with diamond plate welded to the frame. Should be good for another four years. I pull it too with my ATV.

Yup, it's the perfect size for pulling around the woods with the ATV. When I bought mine they had the option of 8 inch wheels or 12 inch for a little more money. I went with the 8 inch because it rides level behind the ATV. The bigger tires were a bit too tall. I used treated plywood for the floor and sides and it's parked outside. Still in great shape after many years of use and weather.

JD 420 GT with my smallest trailer.

Attachments

• DSCF0192.JPG
    DSCF0192.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 598
That's real nice gzecc! We were at our local county fair last night and drooled over the new John Deere riding mowers/small tractors the dealership had on display. They sure are pretty. Watch the stumps with that mower deck in the woods though! A mower deck alone was $2000, on sale.

I bought mine about 3-4 yrs ago. Its an mid 80's era. I paid $3200 with 3point, mower and snow blade. It had 1k hours. Its built like a tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.