MY XXV will shut down randomly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Status light error messages:
1 Blink: Indicates control board self diagnostic failure.
This requires a manual reset*.
3 Blinks: Indicates ESP (Exhaust Sensing Probe)
failure. This requires a manual reset*.
4 Blinks: Can occur only in Room Temp Mode and
indicates Room Sensing Probe failed or not installed.
If a Room Sensing Probe is then installed, the status
light will automatically reset.
5 Blinks (In Igniter Auto. Mode Only): Indicates
that the unit has failed to light within the 36 minute
start cycle. To reset - Turn Mode Selector to "OFF",
then turn to either mode again.
6 Blinks : Indicates that the control has calculated
poor or incomplete combustion occurring for more
than 50 minutes.
A six blink status may be set if the stove is allowed
to run out of pellets. To reset, turn mode selector to
"OFF" then back on to the desired mode. If the unit
was not out of pellets, see Troubleshooting section,
Page 26, for more details.

That being said, where is your room sensor at? it sounds like your stove may be shutting down and trying to re-light but the pellets are bridged. this can be a combination of things. Try burning your stove on stove temp and see if the problem occurs.

exoilburner said:
Had the same problem after filling the hopper and turning thermostat down to 60 for overnight.

To check for pellet bridging I put my FEED ADJUSTER in TEST and listened to see if I could hear pellets dropping when I heard the auger turn. Could not hear pellets drop. I sunk my hand down thru the pellets and moved them around down by the slide door. Put the FEED ADJUSTER in TEST again and heard the pellets drop. Everything back to normal.

Tried smoothing the inside of the hopper and waxing it which made it a lot slicker but still had some bridging afterwards.

Is bridging when you get a funnel hole between pellets down to feeder? If so it just happened to me for the 1st time since I got my stove 3 weeks ago. I noticed my stove went out after I went to bed in about 4 hoirs.Went to check stove and no pellets at all in burnpot.Last night I tryed these pellets called patterson pellet and commented to my wife how they were so much different than the firside and hammers.When I looked in the hoppe I was amazed to see what I thought was a full hopper.But looking down towards the back I could see a gap. I dont like these pellets at all thank god I told the guy I want a test bag before I buy the 12 tons he had.He wanted 225 aton for all 12.I dont even like the way they burn.They burn so fast the feed cant keep up with the burnrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.