Name my new red stove contest.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Super-Hunky

May 19, 2007
Today, I finally bit the bullet after endless searching and purchased my new stove; a Pacific Energy Summit Classic in sunset red. Since everyone strongly suggested the support of a good dealer, and how important they are, I decided to take the suggested dealer many have recommended and bought from Tom the chimney sweep.

We don't have a PE dealer in our state, but Tom is the next best thing. I don't like to praise someone/something before I've actually seen the performance, but I must say so far I am very impressed with his knowledge and quick...(extremely quick) responses.

Tom was there for me when I needed him most (no, not in the form of a lover!), but as a surrogate local dealer in which I had none....[sheds a tear!].

Anyway, since I chose the ever popular sunset red....a.k.a "whorehouse red" on this forum, I decided to have a contest to see who can come up with the best name for my new red stove. (Anythings gotta be better than "whorehouse red!).

I will offer up a valuable prize to the winner (such as an scented, autographed 8x10 glossy of your truly), or possibly a can of turtle wax (your choice).

So let me know what you might suggest for a good name. I will consider it.

A rose by any other name...

or

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Congrats on the stove decision.

James the Splendid Red Engine (must have kids and preferably a little boy to understand)

Cardinal

Portugee Red (must work with Portugese people to understand)

"Chili" no more

Fire-crotch :)

even if you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig how about miss piggy

stoveguy13 said:
even if you put lipstick on a pig it is still a pig how about miss piggy

Do you have any idea how awful a monitor and keyboard look when they are sprayed with Honey Nut Cheerios and milk?

Name it: "The Chimney Sweep should advertise on our dealer section stove....."

I think you made a good choice of stove and dealer. They can provide better care from afar than many dealers can from around the corner. It is all about attitude and knowledge and you seem to be able to turn a screwdriver, etc. so you should be fine with the minor adjustments, etc.

Enjoy.......

Dang, PE should sponsor the site too - but as it is they make a good example of us not just pushing our own sponsors. However, if they come on as a sponsor, then I might actually install one here.....well, actually that could be worse for them since it will then appear that I am "Elking" them when I say they have a good rep.

Another good thing now is we can assume Super Hunk is not actually Buster.....although maybe he is just one of the PE management, and they have organized a careful PR campaign.....

Ah, forget it - Canadians are too nice to come up with a plot like that!

"the littel red pe that cloudn't burn pine"

"The Red Hot PE Pepper"

"Lil Mr. Super Red"

Good to hear things worked out well. Just to clarify for other potential Arizona customers, PE shows two dealers in Arizona. Is the PE website wrong? Are the Phoenix and Holbrook dealers not selling PE anymore?

No names, my stove is known as the wood stove.

On the whorehouse theme I present

"Popped Cherry Red"

"Bad rash Red"

"I cut my leg with the chain saw Red" (not whore related.)

"le diable rouge"

or my personal favorite

"The Crimson Canadian Cataylitic Crusher"

"Kremlin Crimson"

"Primer"

"Baudy House Bordeaux"

"Marooned In Flagstaff"

"The Red Thing By The Wall With A Fire In It"

Hi babalu,

I know what you are talking about. James is way cool, but also temperamental.

PS. Did you hear about the recall? James paint contains lead (made in China) so they are recalled. Send it back and they will send you a new one with non-lead paint.

Niels

Also, I heard 60% of all recalls are now for products from China. Gotta love outsourcing!!!!!!!

Best name of them all: "Ferrari red Fire breather"

"Bloody Buster"

You guys must not have heard...you have to be a member in good standing of S.B.N.A (Summit Burners of North America) to be able to name a new inductee's stove. All members must submit names to the executive for review. The name most reflecting PE's doctrine will be selected. :p
This is usually done on a full moon before the first burn, when all EBT bimetallic coils are in alignment. We then BBQ back bacon and toast the new member and his stove with good Canadian beer. :snake:

How about "Caliente Rojo"? Or "Putain logent rouge" in honor of the Canadian french? :)

I'm no S.B.N.A. member but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night

Hey, these are all some very good suggestions so far. I have to admit, a few of them deserve an early acknowledgement.

Babalu87: "Firecrotch", thats pretty good!

McGriz "red hot chillie peper", that may be my favorite so far. The chilli peper theme fits real well in AZ too!.

Gunner: "Crimson canadian catalytic crusher" I amy officially use this under its description!

Brother Bart: "Marooned in flagstaff", very creative, almost sounds like the title to a play. I like it.

FYI: Web, NO, I am NOT Buster!. I think I read that Buster is Elks son or something.

BeGreen: You are correct that PE does list two dealers in AZ, however, it is a misprint (I informed them on that). There is no dealer in Phoenix, the dealer locator sends you to new mexico, and the former dealer in Holbrook is out of business. Still, no biggie. Tom is just a phone call away and always answers!.

As far as pics, sorry, no pics yet as I won't receive the stove until the end of next week; however, I'll post up plenty of pics after install is finished.

Keep the name suggestions coming please, they are great. Good fun too!

Jags: "caliente" anything is also a good theme to stick with. needs a little fine tuning and could work!

Red Rider
redruM :)
Lady in Red
The "other" woman LOL
Better head when shes red
Drop dead red
how bout simply...................."Red"?
Red Hot Momma
I'm going to stop now, LOL

"Red, don't ride'er while shes runnin'"

Status
Not open for further replies.