napoleon 1400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sloth9669

Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2007
Groveland ma
Visit site
i own a napoleon 1400 and when starting a fire or reloading its seems to click alot. Iam pretty sure this is the metal in the stove adjusting to the heat but i got to tell you its loud and often. its in the basement so its not a huge issue but if this was in my living room id never use it. Is this noise normal or something i should contact someone about ?

Me pellet stove does that too, gets annoying but its normal.

I have a Nap 1400p. Clicking is normal. I have learned to interperate the clicking. Clicking is good it means the stove is coming to life( getting warmer). Enjoy

I would be surprised if you had a stove that did not make any clicking sounds as it heats up. The dramatic temperature swings will lead to a lot of stress-relieving as parts expand. Better to have lots of tame clicks than a big "crack".

Status
Not open for further replies.