Napoleon 1900p advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkramer76

Feb 4, 2012
NW PA
I'm looking to replace my two barrel wood stove in my attached 32'x34' garage with something I can use 24/7 and achieve more consistent heating. I found this napoleon for sale locally for $875.00. It is a model #1900p about 2 years old. It doesn't have any type of blower set up but the guy thinks it was an option, there is about a 5" hole near the bottom of the back for something? Also burn times are very important to me. This stove has one manifold style burn tube north and south instead of several east and west tubes hopefully someone can tell me how they like that. The other thing I noticed is the firebrick on the sides looks corroded. It's not cracked but looks like it is wore back maybe a 1/4 of an inch. Is that normal in these stoves or what causes that. I don't mind replacing bricks It just seems odd to me. Any advice on price, operation, application, or an add on blower would be appreciated thanks, Tony.

3k63If3Hf5Nd5Ed5J7cag5b81b6f9396b1bff.jpg

Sounds like it could be a pretty nice deal. scotty overkill runs this stove. It's a good heater. The secondary manifold is a different design, but it works well.

It sounds odd to me that the bricks are corroded back 1/4". Check the stove carefully for overfiring signs and other corrosion. They might have burnt something that literally could eat your stove away.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.