1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Napoleon 1900p advice

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by tkramer76, Oct 19, 2012.

1. tkramer76

tkramer76 New Member

Loc:
    NW PA
    I'm looking to replace my two barrel wood stove in my attached 32'x34' garage with something I can use 24/7 and achieve more consistent heating. I found this napoleon for sale locally for $875.00. It is a model #1900p about 2 years old. It doesn't have any type of blower set up but the guy thinks it was an option, there is about a 5" hole near the bottom of the back for something? Also burn times are very important to me. This stove has one manifold style burn tube north and south instead of several east and west tubes hopefully someone can tell me how they like that. The other thing I noticed is the firebrick on the sides looks corroded. It's not cracked but looks like it is wore back maybe a 1/4 of an inch. Is that normal in these stoves or what causes that. I don't mind replacing bricks It just seems odd to me. Any advice on price, operation, application, or an add on blower would be appreciated thanks, Tony.

3k63If3Hf5Nd5Ed5J7cag5b81b6f9396b1bff.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Sounds like it could be a pretty nice deal. Hearth.com Members runs this stove. It's a good heater. The secondary manifold is a different design, but it works well.
  3. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    It sounds odd to me that the bricks are corroded back 1/4". Check the stove carefully for overfiring signs and other corrosion. They might have burnt something that literally could eat your stove away.

Matt