Napoleon baffles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the online manual and it does not mention a ridge. hmmm.
Does the ridge run the long way (from front to back) for both baffles? If so, I'd think that they would lap over one another down the center of the stove.

Just saw this post I posted on wrong post.
Baffles flair to outside walls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 267
I have an older Napoleon 1401 or 1402.. Not sure. I have the old style fans though. Bought it used. When I got it I noticed it did not have baffles. It had firebrick on the top instead. I assumed that this was a previous owners remedy to worn out baffles so I bought new ones from Napoleon. They fit pretty good but now there is a 2" gap at the front of the firebox and the stove seems to draw a draft like crazy even with the intake closed all the way. Anyone have any pics of the front edge of the baffles and how big the gap should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.