1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Napoleon NPI45 or Quadra-Fire CP 1200i

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by JohnNumbers, Apr 25, 2014.

1. JohnNumbers

JohnNumbers New Member

Loc:
    VA
    I have two different quotes: one from a chimney guy for the napoleon npi45 and one from a stove store for the quadra-fire cp1200i...installed, the prices are within 100 of each other...

I cant seem to find any concise information comparing the two inserts...only able to find bad things about each (but no good ones as is the nature of the internet...)

Whats your take? Napoleon from a well respected chimney guy or Quadra-Fire from a brick and mortar dealer.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Murph

Murph Proud Grandparent

Loc:
    Cape Cod
    Quadrifire IMO. Like the way it burns and for ease of maintaining and working on.
  3. stovelark

stovelark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE CT
    Quadrafire is a bigger better heater. Simple to run and maintain. Nothing wrong with Napoleon, I liked their analog stoves espec the insert, after they went digital, it seemed like less a heater. I'd look at Enviro Meridian, another favorable bay window stove. If cast iron is your thing the new Quad Mount Vernon E2 is a stove to check out too. Good luck either one of those you mentioned should do well by you.
  4. JohnD

JohnD New Member

Loc:
    Salem, NH
    I can't speak for Napolean, but I hear good things. I have a Quadrafire CB 1200 freestanding stove. The thing is a beauty! Fully automatic and man does it pump the heat! Keep it clean and it will keep you warm! I love mine!
  5. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Quadrafires are dirt simple and WORK! Easy to maintain, clean, and troubleshoot. No matter what the stove, you WILL have occasions to troubleshoot problems. Understand that up front and things will go much smoother. These are not set and forget appliances. They are ALL quirky space heaters but we love them. :)