NC-13 stove gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spanman75

Jan 31, 2019
New Jersey
After 4 years the stove gasket on my Englander nc13 is getting worn. Had a hard time figuring out which gasket to run. What have y’all used that have replaced them? I ordered some 5/8 “ high density” rope gasket I’m hoping ends up being the correct size. Also what kind of high heat silicone? Automotive rtv looks like it’s only good to 500° . Was looking at the Rutland fiberglass gasket stuff says good up to 2000.

Use the oem gasket from englander, use high temp auto rtv. There are different colors and different temperature ranges but the door doesn’t get that hot and the rtv will do it’s job.