NC30: can I adjust intake to 2ndary tubes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
Specifically can I adjust one tube to get more or less?

One of my tubes is putting out reduced secondaries and I am wondering if that tube has some how gotten partially clogged and if the input is adjustable ?

Take it out and look through it. It is a five minute job. Take the screw out of the left side holder, slide the tube to the right and pull it out. Reverse to reinstall.

Ain't gonna be anything in it though. Ad no it isn't adjustable.

depending on how the fire is burning, one tube may burn differently than "normal"

Perhaps double check the orientation and size of the holes in each tube as compared to what they should be in the manual. I suppose it's possible that a wrong tube could have been installed from the factory, or in the wrong order, etc.

pen

Is it your back tube?

My back tube only fires every other fire. That depends on how the wood is laid and how the doghouse air blows through it.

Tubes will not burn evenly, sometimes my front is really going while back is lazy, sometimes back is going while front is lazy, sometimes all going, sometimes all lazy. It sounds like you may be worrying about something that you need not to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.