Need a central part for Englander 25-PFS, any good sources?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btschult

Jan 2, 2015
Birch Run, MI
Howdy all! I'm new to the thread, and I could use your help. I bought a house with this 25-PFS as supplemental heat for the lounge room. I fired it up, and it blew smoke out of the auger bearing after about an hour of medium heat. I tore into it and noticed the condition in the picture below. The auger sleave is rusted out where it connects to the burn pot, allowing the pressurized air to enter at the auger and blow backwards through the sleeve and out through the auger bearing.

IMG_0016.JPG

I don't know what the part is called, but I have not seen it on any parts sites. I'm guessing because most stoves do not rust out. Is anyone parting out an old stove or know where I can find one of these? Since this is supplemental heat, I don't want to buy a new stove as there are more important things in my house that need to be replaced first. If it comes to it, I will have to cut into it and weld in a new sleeve, or portion of the sleeve.

IMG_0017.JPG

Any help is definitely appreciated!!!

Bret

to my eye that looks like a 1991 model burn pot, i'd have to look to see if we still have one laying around, to be honest im not real confident of that , I can look and see if its possible to retro in a 96 feed system but again I do not know for certain the mounting flange may be different.

look on the left side of the pedestal back near the back, see if the data tag is still there , PM me the serial and mfg date and i'll research it next week when I get back to my office and i'll let you know if I have a solution for you

Status
Not open for further replies.