Need a little help with id..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fishki

Jan 5, 2017
SE Kansas
Only have this one pic of the bark, leaves are to high up, from the ground they look hickory-ish? To much leaf litter all over the ground from surrounding trees to find any from this and be 100%.

IMG_4325 (768x1024).jpg

Found 3 of these that are around 18-24 diameter.

Also scored half a dozen shagbarks today :)

... or ash.
To rule ash in/ out look at its branding habit. Ash = opposite, while hickory = alternate.

Better at tree ID with leafs . . . but at first glance . . . ash.

Reactions: TreePointer
Only have this one pic of the bark, leaves are to high up, from the ground they look hickory-ish? To much leaf litter all over the ground from surrounding trees to find any from this and be 100%.

View attachment 201304

Found 3 of these that are around 18-24 diameter.

Also scored half a dozen shagbarks today :)
You will enjoy splitting ash, it's easiest wood to split and have relatively low MC.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Soundchasm
Sorry about that. I just figured out how to remove it.

Don't remove it, it's totally cool!! Awww, man, it's already gone. How am I supposed to expand my global perspective if I don't have sufficient global input? Dag-nabbit, I'm'a gonna' be a hillbilly for the rest of mah life! ;lol

Reactions: fishki
I originally thought it was ash, but when I looked up to try and see leaves they didn't look quite ash-y enough.
Only one way to find out i guess, cut it down.;)

Sorry about that. I just figured out how to remove it.

figure out how to put it back that was cool af :cool:

The problem is that everytime I post something with Tapatalk for IPhone it puts automatically this sentence saying that I sent my comment with Tapatalk for IPhone. I tried to figure out how to remove it without doing it manually every time but it doesn’t work

The problem is that everytime I post something with Tapatalk for IPhone it puts automatically this sentence saying that I sent my comment with Tapatalk for IPhone. I tried to figure out how to remove it without doing it manually every time but it doesn’t work

That's free advertising for Apple so don't feel stupid, they probably made it hard to remove on purpose. Bastards. They want you to pay outrageous prices for the product, then they practically force you to send free digital advertising to whoever you communicate with. ;hm

Reactions: coutufr
I found the fix. It's in Taptalk settings:

You can go to Tapatalk > Settings > Signature and remove the offending text. Or make it say something more interesting and less corporate.

Reactions: coutufr