Need a Snag Cut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Simonkenton

Minister of Fire
Feb 27, 2014
Marshall NC
300 ft from my house
will pay fair wages
you get to keep the wood
IMG_4617.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG

Last edited:
I'd come out and cut it, but I'm in Wisconsin, so the travel cost would probably blow the budget. I love road trips.

i was just kidding in my original post, i figured it was so dangerous that nobody would touch it.

it is out in the woods and i am going to let mother nature handle it.
isaac how would you go about taking this thing down.

Last edited:
Hire Witch Dr and have Rain Dance. Thunderstorm will do the job. If you must and your not up to it, hire it done. If it was mine I would put wire rope on it and drag it with tractor. I have one that is long enough.

put the cable on the standing tree an try to winch it over? would you make a cut in the tree.

call me a sissy but it scares me to even think about cutting this tree.

put the cable on the standing tree an try to winch it over? would you make a cut in the tree.

call me a sissy but it scares me to even think about cutting this tree.
I would put the cable as high as possible on the intact stem and try and pull it down. The broken top should fall down and then it's not such a big deal.

I'd toss a rope over the butt end of the broken piece and pull it loose. Piece of cake. No sense messing with the pole until the top is down. Snags are only dangerous of you work dangerously.

A lot of folks just can't see how stuff works, so they don't understand how to decide what to do to handle it. I used to teach physics and I can look at something and see how it works and a good course of action to handle it.

10 different people will take it down ten different ways "by putting a rope on it".

Reactions: Osage and rottiman
I’d rip it out of the canopy with my tractor. Doesn’t look like a lot of mass for the weather to bring it down.