Need a stove for installation in a house with 7' 6" ceilings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rangerbait

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2016
Shepherdstown, WV
Hello,

I am rehabbing a house with 7'6" ceilings and am planning the woodstove installation; I need a stove that can be installed with the lower ceiling height. I currently have a Vogelzang Defender TR001, but its manual stated 8' ceiling. Thanks!

Many stoves have a 7' ceiling height requirement. How large of an area are you trying to heat? What is the budget for the new stove?

Thank you sir! I’ve lurked a bit since my last post…I’ve burned a little over 40 cords in my last stove since I installed it in 2017. Just sold that house in November, and man I missed that Blaze King this winter!

A Blaze King Chinook would work with this ceiling height. So would a Drolet Escape 1800 or a PE Super.

Reactions: Rangerbait
The F45 would, but it's a little big for the space unless it's poorly insulated. The F602v2 states 96" ceiling for an alcove, so that might not fly. An option would be to put a ventilated heat shield on the ceiling.

Reactions: clancey