1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

NEED ADVICE ON A DUCTED PELLET FURNACE

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Jabbers, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Jabbers

Jabbers Member

Loc:
    NE OHIO
    I'm looking for a ducted pellet furnace. I have 900 sq ft to heat. I would place it in the middle of the basement and tie to the main trunk line which feeds 6 vents. I might open up a couple of vents downstairs. I want something that can be hooked up to a thermostat. Right now i heat with a stick burner up and a ussc king 5500 pellet stove down. Some info on the operation would be great. thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. exoilburner

exoilburner Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Washington State
    Does your 900 square fee include the downstairs?
    Do you now have exisiting duct work? What kind of furnace is connected to it? Oil, propane, nat gas?

If your total heating area is 900 square feet this Harmon furnace may be too big but the manual for it has a lot of good install information that may be helpful. There are other smaller pellet furnaces with lower BTU ratings but I'm not familiar with them.
    http://hearthnhome.com/downloads/installManuals/PF100.pdf
  3. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan