1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Need advise on potential install

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Jaymohn, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Jaymohn

Jaymohn New Member

Loc:
    Kentucky
    Hello. My name is Justin and have been lurking in the forums for about a year. My first post and could use some advise from the more experienced wood burners. My original plan was to put a stove in my 1800 sq ft ranch (basement would be finished and insulated). After reading many troubles of this type of install (getting the heat upstairs) I'm thinking about buying a Blaze King Sirocco 20 or 30 and replacing a gas fireplace. I would have to tear out the fireplace and build an alcovE. Not sure why my font went crazy. Will respond to my post for more info. Sorry
    Pallet Pete likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jaymohn

Jaymohn New Member

Loc:
    Kentucky
    Any advise on this. It's 40 inches from the rectangular hole I made to the back wall so don't have a lot of room. I'm sure I've left out a lot of detail needed for good advise. Thanks for any help on this.

Attached Files:

3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Welcome Justin to Hearth.com !

I would recommend sending a message to BKVP he is the Vice President of Blaze king I believe. There stoves have pretty tight clearances I believe which is good in your situation.

Pete
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    This would be a corner install, not an alcove. The clearance charts are in the manual for the stove. The install should be pretty straight forward. All new flue would be required with class A, high temp pipe from the ceiling upward.