1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Need help finding control board. Manufacturer?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mike5752, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike5752

mike5752 New Member

Loc:
    Somerset, Ky
    I have a friend that has been given a small pellet stove which appears to be several years old, but in fairly good condition other than the control board. The knobs are broken off that control the high and low feed rate, it has a 4 position selctor switch for the room air blower which is very stiff and extremely hard to change positions. I have went and looked at the info plate on the back of the unit and it does not have a name of the manufacturer or a date in which it was manufactured. It does have a Model # 5440 and a serial number# 001623 . The unit is working ok but needs some adjustment to the feed rate as it over runs the burn pot. We have helped some by pulling the damper rod on the side of the unit out to allow more air but we still need to reduce the feed rate if possible. We would really like to get a new control board if possible and this little baby will be as good as new. I would appreciate any help that anyone may have.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    a pic would help greatly!
  3. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Oh, here is it:
    U.S. Stove Company
    227 Industrial Park Drive
    South Pittsburg
    TN
    USA
    (615) 837-2100
    Paragon 5440
  4. mike5752

mike5752 New Member

Loc:
    Somerset, Ky
    U.S. Stove says it is not theirs. They told me that it was manufactured by Reliance Ind. and that they are no longer in buisness. Thanks Anyway.
  5. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Well, that exact model number is under US Stoves listing of EPA units. Perhaps there is more than one 5440? sounds suspect. Maybe US Stove had it made elsewhere, but they may have sold it.

Reliance?

There was a manufacturer called Reliant.
    I think their stuff was taken over by Magnum, so you can check if the same controls are available:
    http://www.americanenergysystems.com/reliantT40.cfm?tabID=2
  6. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    WEB is correct , US stove sold that unit but had them built by reliant , check the company that web posted if anyone would have the proper part they would
  7. mike5752

mike5752 New Member

Loc:
    Somerset, Ky
    You Guys are AWSOME I have never seen a discussion board with so much helpful information and FAST. I will try the company you gave me first thing Monday. I have recommended this site to everyone I know that has a pellet stove or is thinking about getting one. I personaly have an Englander 240 and this is my first full season and I love it. My heat pump will never run again if I can help it. I can keep my home warmer without shrinking my wallet. Thanks again for all the help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.