Need Help getting simpson duravent parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnywarm

Minister of Fire
Sep 12, 2007
Connecticut
I need two 30 degree elbow for a wood stove install.tractor supply price is 467.00 a piece. that seems like allot of money.

John

CrappieKeith said:
johnnywarm said:
I need two 30 degree elbow for a wood stove install.tractor supply price is 467.00 a piece. that seems like allot of money.

John
Give me a call.I can beat that price easily.
800-358-0060

I need to leave for work.I'll call later.

Thank you john

You can get them for about $350 online. I'd check a few actual hearth shops and ask them if they have it in stock and how much.

Man, I'm confused. Not clear if you're talking about chimney or stove pipe, but either
way, a 45-degree elbow is a small fraction of that price. I didn't even know 30-degree
elbows existed. Am I missing something ?

RustyShackleford said:
Man, I'm confused. Not clear if you're talking about chimney or stove pipe, but either
way, a 45-degree elbow is a small fraction of that price. I didn't even know 30-degree

They do not make 45 degree angles only 30 or 15.
Adding a different pipe willnot fit together.
He must stay with Simpsons.
These are double wall insulated not single wall plus there's a strp system that comes with the kit.
So it's a lot more complicated than you are percieving ...a 45 will not be the fix.

CrappieKeith said:
RustyShackleford said:

These are double wall insulated not single wall plus there's a strp system that comes with the kit.
So it's a lot more complicated than you are percieving ...a 45 will not be the fix.

Keith

I'm going to try and return the "out of the wall kit". If i cannot,i will call you.

Thank you John

CrappieKeith said:
johnnywarm said:

John
Give me a call.I can beat that price easily.
800-358-0060

Keith are you still here??

timfromohio said:
Venting pipe has galvanized for $247 and SS for $340.

Thanks tim!!! where did you see the SS for 340? 30 degrees?

Looks like BeGreen has some places with even lower prices - awesome!

Each kit comes with two elbows. If you go to the Simpson Duravent site there are part descriptions which are helpful - I think there may be links to them from the ventingpipe.com site.

timfromohio said:
Looks like BeGreen has some places with even lower prices - awesome!

Each kit comes with two elbows. If you go to the Simpson Duravent site there are part descriptions which are helpful - I think there may be links to them from the ventingpipe.com site.

Thank you both for helping me out on this one!!!!

Just ordered it from northline!! Thanks again!!!!

CrappieKeith said:
RustyShackleford said:

What does the strap system do??????

Glad you found what you needed at a good price. Post pics of your instal when completed.

According to the Simpson Duravent site the straps are to take the chimney load off of the elbows:

Use to prevent excessive weight on the elbows by supporting
the weight of the chimney. Required to be installed between
two elbows in offset installations. Multiple elbow straps may be
required for offset installations. Refer to installation instructions.

timfromohio said:
Glad you found what you needed at a good price. Post pics of your instal when completed.

According to the Simpson Duravent site the straps are to take the chimney load off of the elbows:

Use to prevent excessive weight on the elbows by supporting
the weight of the chimney. Required to be installed between
two elbows in offset installations. Multiple elbow straps may be
required for offset installations. Refer to installation instructions.

You'll get plenty of pics when done.

I'm about to place an order also. With the elbow kit BUT NOT INCLUDED are locking bands. You want them. They go on each side of the elbows, so for two elbows you want four, etc. You can fly without them but it makes me so paranoid to do so.

tiber said:
I'm about to place an order also. With the elbow kit BUT NOT INCLUDED are locking bands. You want them. They go on each side of the elbows, so for two elbows you want four, etc. You can fly without them but it makes me so paranoid to do so.

Can you give me a part # for the bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.