need help harman xxv blower issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HOGG0494

Feb 18, 2015
hidson valley,new york
hello all.i have a harman xxv.this is the 4th season since i purchased it new.2 months ago the distribution blower fan stopped working.(pretty upset it went after 4 seasons and naturally it was out of warranty)anyhow,i purchased a new one from my local harman dealer.i installed it and it was working fine until 2 weeks ago.then it started squealing and moaning and it stopped working.(so the replacement lasted 6 weeks)i removed it and returned it and the dealer said sometimes you just get a bad one.ok.i put the new one in and now 2 weeks later this one started a moaning noise and stopped working.i cant see it possible the original one went bad then 2 more in 8 weeks.the dealer has no idea.is there anything else that can cause these blowers to keep going bad?it is a simply install with 4 bolts,2 plugs and some wire ties.i cant see any way it can be improperly installed and it works fine for a few weeks.any help appreciated.and yes,i am buying genuine harman parts from a authorized dealer.

sounds like a bad batch