Need help Identifying than advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

x96mnn

Nov 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
I am building a camp and picked up a stove that shows Model Resolute W and stamped 1979. When I research online I see manuals for versions with two opening doors but none that appear to be the type I have with one solid door. If someone can tell me what I have would be greatly appreciated.

The quick 411 on the stove is was used up to three years ago, sat in a vacant home and than was left outside for a year and a half. Stove was given to me and my hope is to restore it.Is it worth restoring, do not mind spending a few hundred on it to do so. Checking it now to see if it is warped but visual and level appears fine. Is there a better way to check?

Looking for your opinions, is this restorable, where is a good place to post pics. I do not post often but will follow up with the restore process and pictures if I do.

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

dateposted-public

Dude, you should drop this project faster than a first wife about to turn 40.

The thing is rusted right to death, and it still has the 2 piece fireback in it which you can no longer replace, as the 2 piece fireback replacement kit has been discontinued.

Trust me, this is not a place you want to go.

Dude, you should drop this project faster than a first wife about to turn 40.

The thing is rusted right to death, and it still has the 2 piece fireback in it which you can no longer replace, as the 2 piece fireback replacement kit has been discontinued.

Trust me, this is not a place you want to go.

LOL, my first wife is about to turn 40 and really had not even considered dropping her. Make a post about a stove and get an important life lesson :).

Thanks for the advice, I also need a boat mooring anchor so this may be a better use for the stove is what your saying?

Yep. I meant that it still has the 1 piece fireback, sorry for the typo.

More trouble than it's worth though definitely. Like MY first wife...

Need to ask this question.

I got it for nothing and if I sand it and paint it will it work for a camp or is more smoke going to come out of the stove than out of the chimney? Camp is only 500sqft.

I hate walking away and buying something if I can make something I got for nothing work.

Yes I plan to sleep in the camp.

At very least you'll have to fix that broken draft control, but then it definately maybe will work.