1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Need Help Identifying This Fireplace...

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by CPrinzivalli, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPrinzivalli

CPrinzivalli New Member

I am in need of some spare parts for this fireplace...Glass, seal and overheat safety namely...Problem is I can't identify it!!! There are no indications for make, model, serial number or even a phone number anywhere on the unit, just warning labels...Can anyone help?..CP

Attached Files:

• 848.jpg
      848.jpg
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
    • 844.jpg
      844.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
    • 818.jpg
      818.jpg
      File size:
      26.9 KB
      Views:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    it looks like a insert, not a fireplace. Can you provide better photos? looks like a older unit with a robert shaw valve. Thats about all i can tell.
  3. skypager

skypager New Member

Loc:
    Bucks County, PA
    I'd say its definetly a Zero Clearance Fireplace. Possibly an older Heat N Glo model. Does the fireplace have the initials GTI on it anywhere, if so then its a Heat N Glo. Tough to tell because the pictures are a little far away. What does that plate under the valve have written on it? I second the better photos. A picture of the interior of the fireplace (logs/burner) and that wordy plate if legible would help. Look for things on the plate like GTI, models 750, 4000, 6000, 7000 ect. Another thing older Heat n Glo's had was wing nuts to hold on the glass. Obviously leaning toward Heat n glo on this one but not sure yet, could be a majestic buy the look of the front, not sure if they used robert shaw valves back then though.
  4. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    I should have looked closer, it looked like it has a surround on it. Good call Josh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.