Need help immediately breckwell stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BENGRFF99

Oct 24, 2008
MAINE
Hello,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My breckwell 2700 turns on for 10 seconds, combustion motor and auger running, then both shut off simultaneously. The number 2 light is blinking, I used the troubleshooting section of the manual, but everything checked out ok. The combustion motor has been making a good awful loud noise the past couple of days. If the combustion motor is shot, would that cause the stove to shut off 10-15 seconds after I press the on/off switch? I greatly appreciate any help. Thanks, ben

Ben,

If the stove senses that there is no functioning exhaust system it will shut down. Now it could be because the motor really can't pull air through the system or the air path is blocked or appears to be blocked. I don't know anything other than general things about your stove. What does a blinking number 2 light mean?

BENGRFF99,

I just checked the manual for the 2700, Sounds like your air switch is clogged. Take off the back of the stove and find the hose for the air switch. Remove it from the switch and blow air thru the hose to the fire box. This should clear the clog. Hook it back up and try it again. You may have to clean the port in the fire box if you can't clear it. I use a stiff piece of wire. make sure you have the hose off so none of the debri gets in the hose.

This may be a good time to really clean your stove well. Including what smoketthebear said. Clean your exhaust pipe as well.

How much pellets have you run thru it? If its more than a ton- best to do a complete cleaning. I would also remove the blower motor and clean the fins and vac out the housing. Best to have a blower gasket on hand for this. Just in case it ripes.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.