Need help with coal stove info and clearances

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mtodd62406

Jan 20, 2018
Laurel Delaware
hey everyone, I’m looking at a stratford sc75 coal stove to purchase but I can’t seem to find very much information on it. My main concern is I’m trying to find wall clearances in a corner wall installation. When I couldn’t find anything on this stove I resorted to looking up Harmon Mark II specs since they are roughly the same shape and size, however they might be different in some way and didn’t want to fully rely on those dimensions.
I was also just curious about the stove in general, details about the maker, reviews, age, and maybe even the value of it. Hopefully someone here has some info for me.

hey everyone, I’m looking at a stratford sc75 coal stove to purchase but I can’t seem to find very much information on it. My main concern is I’m trying to find wall clearances in a corner wall installation. When I couldn’t find anything on this stove I resorted to looking up Harmon Mark II specs since they are roughly the same shape and size, however they might be different in some way and didn’t want to fully rely on those dimensions.
I was also just curious about the stove in general, details about the maker, reviews, age, and maybe even the value of it. Hopefully someone here has some info for me.
Does the stove have a ul tag on it?

I’m not sure as I haven’t actually purchased it yet
If it has a tag follow those clearances if not it is an unlisted stove and needs 36" unless you add a ventilated heat shield. With that it could go down to 12"

If it has a tag follow those clearances if not it is an unlisted stove and needs 36" unless you add a ventilated heat shield. With that it could go down to 12"
2 things, do you have an idea where that tag might be and what it looks like, maybe an example of another brands tag. Also, how do corner installations work, if it’s 36” in normal cases does that mean it’s about 18” diagonally from each rear corner?

2 things, do you have an idea where that tag might be and what it looks like, maybe an example of another brands tag. Also, how do corner installations work, if it’s 36” in normal cases does that mean it’s about 18” diagonally from each rear corner?
The tag is typically on the back of the stove somewhere.

And no it would be 36" to the corner of the stove from the wall.

The tag is typically on the back of the stove somewhere.

And no it would be 36" to the corner of the stove from the wall.
Okay, thank you for the info.
Does anyone know anything about this stove? I read up on some of the quirks it has like the “safety” thing that doesn’t allow over firing and makes you open the loading door when opening the ash pan door. However I’m not sure the quality. This particular one looks very well kept and at a decent price of 400$

Okay, thank you for the info.
Does anyone know anything about this stove? I read up on some of the quirks it has like the “safety” thing that doesn’t allow over firing and makes you open the loading door when opening the ash pan door. However I’m not sure the quality. This particular one looks very well kept and at a decent price of 400$
Did you have a look at Coal Pail Forum ?