Need Help with venting of My P68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The p68, isn't that a 3" outlet of the stove? The 9464 is for a 4" stove outlet i believe, the 9364 will adapt from the 3" stove to a 4" pipe. Now to further muddy the waters, i didn't see the 4DT-MCK listed in the DT-M, it's part of the DT catalog, i don't think the DT and the DT-M would be interchangable

I think the correct stove adapter is the 3VP-P

And your not the only one confused now, the more i look at the catalog the less i understand it.

Last edited:
The p68, isn't that a 3" outlet of the stove? The 9464 is for a 4" stove outlet i believe, the 9364 will adapt from the 3" stove to a 4" pipe. Now to further muddy the waters, i didn't see the 4DT-MCK listed in the DT-M, it's part of the DT catalog, i don't think the DT and the DT-M would be interchangable

I think the correct stove adapter is the 3VP-P

And your not the only one confused now, the more i look at the catalog the less i understand it.
Well my P68 stove outlet is 3 1/2" outside, 3 1/4" inside. So a 3" will not work either way. A 4" I can make work. Plus the 3VP-P is not the same material. The chimney conversion is not listed in the DT-M catalog because it is not made of the same materials and possibly not the same size. That's why I think the 90* DT-M elbow will not work with the chimney conversion kit. I believe the 90* is for a thru the wall and up install. I wanted to stick with the DT-M venting because I would like to mix some corn in with pellets if it's more cost effective, but if I can't get the right parts I may have to settle for the regular DT venting. Well here we go again with trying to find the right parts that match. After doing some checking I think I have come up with a solution. Selkirk makes a kit of the DT-M venting for up and out installations. With the parts that come with it I can make it work with a little engineering. You still have to buy the straight pipe to make your length. But it's basically the same as ordering the individual parts by themselves.

Last edited:
Change of plans with the DT-M install. I talked to a tech at Selkirk today and was informed they make no kit for masonry chimney and burning corn. So looks like I'll be sticking with burning pellets and going with the regular DT venting. I think I could have made the DT-M kit work, but was informed it would void the warranty and not be guaranteed if I reengineered it. So no corn for me. Dang............

Got my Selkirk DT venting today. It went together nicely as a test fit, but I had one problem. I came up 4" short on the vertical (story of my life). Looks like the combustion air adaptor is not the measurements listed. Now I'm in the process of trying to figure out how and where I can come up with the missing 4". The thing I disliked the most with venting that cost so much was the lack of literature and instructions that come with it. I think I have figured out for the most part how the stuff goes together, but some of the connections you have to come up with on your own. Well back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.