Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Does the combustion fan continue to
run after you turn the unit off ?

When was the last time u did the lbt? May have a flue clog. What is your venting setup?

Are you using an OAK (outside air kit) ? If not, it sounds like negative pressure might be building up in the house and when the exhaust blower stops it sucks back into the house.

Are you using an OAK (outside air kit) ? If not, it sounds like negative pressure might be building up in the house and when the exhaust blower stops it sucks back into the house.
I've never heard of an (oak), my last pellet stove didn't have one. I might look into that

The pipe goes right from behind the stove through the wall outside.
Look up LBT (Leaf Blower Trick) its amazing what it will do for the performance of a pellet stove.

Reactions: Mikex74
Mike are you saying you have a straight pipe and no vertical pipe at all, it is advised to have some vertical sections on the pipe for better draw.