Need Pics of by your stove Wood Storage Ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a rack just like the one Jack Straw sketched. It holds about two days of wood for us and fits on the hearth beside the stove. The nice thing about an open rack is that it allows any moisture on the wood to dry up while the wood is waiting to be burned. I keep some wood on the porch but it still gets some snow on it in windy weather. I think the evaporating moisture helps humidify the house.

Lower Left of the pic is our Firewood Tote from Christmas Tree Shop....I think it was $5....otherwise, we have a face cord in the garage....not much room next to the stove, so we just slide the tote under the chair
DSCN2050.jpg

In the outdoors, the wood we will use for the winter will be top covered.
zap

You have my nomination for the precision stacking award!!

Wow, Before your post I thought that my wood was "stacked". Your stacking has demoted them to simple "piles" now!;lol

Built this last year. Seems to hold about 3 days worth of wood depending on the weather. woodrack inside.jpg

thay might have been the uglies you burnt up firefighterjake but the cats didnt seem to care there enjoying the heat from the uglies , lol , had to laugh at that picture = like my house when mines burning , cats and dogs all laid out every where , lol
cheers

You have my nomination for the precision stacking award!!

Wow, Before your post I thought that my wood was "stacked". Your stacking has demoted them to simple "piles" now!;lol
Once they dry they get that snake look.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.