Need some Class A chimney advice.. Worth selling?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumaz

Jul 23, 2008
NW CT
Hi All - It has been years since I have been active on this site. You all taught me so much!! Anyways, we are selling our house and I am wondering if it is worth removing the class a chimney and trying to sell it. I paid an a** load for it and wonder if I can recoup any of it. I burned 2 seasons with it and haven't since! (Don't ask)

I am sorry I don't have the exact specs handy but I will have them by the weekend and can post if need be. I know it is double wall all the way to the top. I have a good friend who is a contractor who can remove and repair the side of the house for the price of materials.

Thoughts? What's it worth?
Thanks!
20150908_184949_resized.jpg 20150908_185002_resized.jpg 20150908_185025_HDR_resized.jpg

That's on the front of the house?

I would remove it just to make your house easier to sell. Have the repairs made inside and out. Try and resell the class A but realize you won't get much for used chimney unless you keep it perfectly clean, shiney, and dent free.

Timing is good. Lots of folks thinking about woodstoves in Sept/Oct..

Reactions: fespo
Status
Not open for further replies.