Need stove help...Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I missed it I don't see where the OP is located. Climate info would be helpful to determine heat demand. Trying to heat a huge home from the basement is a challenge for any stove. Personally if the basement needs heat I would consider having 2 stoves or a stove in the basement line the PE T-6 augmented by a pellet stove on the main floor which can be vented through a wall or some other combination. If you didn't heat from the cellar I think one good size stove could do the job.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Ray

Even BK seems dodgy at times, if I recall.
Twice i have called my dealer.
First time for the paint issue..he said that is to be expected and told me what paint to get.
Second time was for the gasket for the cat.
He did order it and I had it in like 10 days...he said they could not drop ship it so I drove 45 mins to the dealer.
They charged me 20 bucks for the gasket and 10 for shipping.
Because of the fact I had to drive 45 mins to get there I asked why do i have to pay shipping..he said that is just the way it is..I guess it is..I dunno.
Next time I will buy it off of e-bay.

Twice i have called my dealer.
First time for the paint issue..he said that is to be expected and told me what paint to get.
Second time was for the gasket for the cat.
He did order it and I had it in like 10 days...he said they could not drop ship it so I drove 45 mins to the dealer.
They charged me 20 bucks for the gasket and 10 for shipping.
Because of the fact I had to drive 45 mins to get there I asked why do i have to pay shipping..he said that is just the way it is..I guess it is..I dunno.
Next time I will buy it off of e-bay.
Probably has to pay to ship the parts to the dealer.. They should have shipped to you instead! It would have been much cheaper and easier than driving 1.5 hrs.! Even if they shipped from the dealer to you and you paid the added shipping would have cheaper than all that driving..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.