Need to buy wood stove in Middle TN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tshort4113

Jan 5, 2018
Eagleville, TN
I am building a house in Eagleville, TN. I am having the hardest time finding a supplier and installer.

I priced a Buck 74zc back in GA and the only place I can find around Nashville is $1500 more expensive.

Any help pointing me to a dealer/ installer is appreciated!!! I have been reading on the site for weeks but am a 1st Time poster.

I don’t mind driving for the right service.

This late in the season, I would wait for the yearly Englander 30-NCH that goes on sale in Feb-March. Normal price is $900, sale price is $650 or so. You would watch for the sale thread here on Hearth or on Arboristsite.com et al. You order it from a specific HD ad they ship it to you for $100 or so. Very good stove for a very decent price.

Installer? We went through 4 of them trying to find one for our install back in 2014. Very frustrating. The good news is that they should be less busy during the spring and summer months.

We started here: http://www.ncsg.org/ and here: http://www.csia.org/

Good luck from Lincoln county!

Reactions: mountain man 2
This late in the season, I would wait for the yearly Englander 30-NCH that goes on sale in Feb-March. Normal price is $900, sale price is $650 or so. You would watch for the sale thread here on Hearth or on Arboristsite.com et al.

Installer? We went through 4 of them trying to find one for our install back in 2014. Very frustrating. The good news is that they should be less busy during the spring and summer months.

We started here: http://www.ncsg.org/ and here: http://www.csia.org/

Good luck from Lincoln county!
Basically qhat FTG05 said....we bought our home this past may n we knew we wanted a wood insert instead of the lp one they had at the time. Stopped by our local dealer in july n discussed our options.
For 175.00....they would come out n inspect the chimney,make sure what we picked out would fit,etc. They came n said I would definetly need a liner ( which I figured)...insert would fit. They took info back n about a week later we got a phone call with the quote. I told them they would have to come down another 700.00 before I would agree with price.....called back in about 30 minutes n said ok.
Goes to show if you can wait until there off season....you can wheel n deal!!!

Last edited:
Plus, the first thing I was asked when I first came here years asking about the 30-NC: How is your wood supply?

If you currently do not have a supply of dry well seasoned wood, there's virtually no chance of getting it this heating season short of heroic efforts i.e. paying $$$, lots of $$$.

If you start buying, collecting, cut, split and stack (CSS) now you *might* be ready for next year - and that statement is dependent on the wood species you are putting up. E.g red oak = no way; pine and poplar = probably. Firewood vendors will not have dry well seasoned wood for you to buy this year, going by the threads here over the years; if you find it, it will be, yep you guessed it: $$$

Of course, there is always the old standby: Those firewood logs available from Tractor Supply, farm stores and coops. I've never bought nor used them, so I'll let someone else here who has comment on those.

Sorry if this comes across as a debbie downer.

Good luck!

Curious... did you find an installer? I'm over the county line in Allisona and am looking for recommendations for an installer.

We have a good store. They had a good installer some years ago - now=I dunno. But it's 75 miles south of you. Southern Hearth & Grill, Huntsville, AL

I am building a house in Eagleville, TN. I am having the hardest time finding a supplier and installer.

I priced a Buck 74zc back in GA and the only place I can find around Nashville is $1500 more expensive.

Any help pointing me to a dealer/ installer is appreciated!!! I have been reading on the site for weeks but am a 1st Time poster.

I don’t mind driving for the right service.
TShort did you find an installer?