Need to Identify Chimney Brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chrispee

Sep 6, 2022
Edmonton, AB
Good Day

I have a hearth in my home and after a WETT inspection they have determined that i need to extend my chimney length. I cannot for the life of me get any chimney companies to help me. They all keep ghosting me. I turn to you.

There are no stickers, i have climbed in the attic to look as well. Nothing. Does this look like any brand to you.

Attached is a link to all the pics.

The label pics are from the Hearth itself. It does mention 'Selkirk' on the hearth itself, but i don't know if that is what i have for piping.

Appreciate any thoughts. Insurance company is being a pain so really wanting to get this thing working.

The inner ring is 7inches. I know that for sure.

I took the cap off to show what the top looks like as well.

That looks like Security Chimney. It may be their HT6000+ or HT6103+ line.

Thanks for the reply.

When looking that up i notice that they have the twisting lock mechanism. When i pop the cap off it doesn't have any threads...its just sort of stuck on the top. Do you think that matters?

CP

No, that changes the picture. The stovepipe is definitely Security and the chimney cap looks like a newer security or Selkirk cap, but Security chimney is closed on the end and screws on. They may have mixed materials here. I was thinking old Selkirk, but don't have many older catalogs for chimney pipe, but will look. Not many these days lack the twist-lock. I think Ventis is one. Metal Fab may be another. The interior adapter to single-wall looks a bit like MetalFab's adapter.
For measurements, is the ID 7" ? What is the OD? Do you have an idea of how old the chimney pipe is?

Last edited:
I am wondering if it is an early Oliver McCleod chimney from before Security bought their assets. If so, the company went bankrupt in the early1990s so getting additional pipe could be impossible. Most modern chimney now uses better insulation that is 1" thick. And Security is now a DuraVent company, which makes finding old info even harder.

Good Day

I have a hearth in my home and after a WETT inspection they have determined that i need to extend my chimney length. I cannot for the life of me get any chimney companies to help me. They all keep ghosting me. I turn to you.

There are no stickers, i have climbed in the attic to look as well. Nothing. Does this look like any brand to you.

Attached is a link to all the pics.

The label pics are from the Hearth itself. It does mention 'Selkirk' on the hearth itself, but i don't know if that is what i have for piping.

Appreciate any thoughts. Insurance company is being a pain so really wanting to get this thing working.

The inner ring is 7inches. I know that for sure.

I took the cap off to show what the top looks like as well.

Your chimney is made by Selkirk. This is CF Sentinel. Available through Home Hardware.

Reactions: ManitobaSky
Your chimney is made by Selkirk. This is CF Sentinel. Available through Home Hardware.
Thank you. I have not seen that chimney since around 2008 and completely forgot about this Canadian product.