1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

need to know what type of woodstove this is, please help!

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Chip, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Chip

Chip Member

Any clues on who makes this woodstove and if it is UL approved?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    It looks similar to a fisher, but it if is I would expect it to have that brand name on the door.

If it is UL approved, it would have a plate attached to the back of the stove. If it doesn't, or it is missing, that I'm afraid you are out of luck.

I'm going to move this over to the classic stove forum since I believe this stove is from that era.

pen
  3. coaly

coaly Fisher Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Sure looks like a Fisher Honey Bear by the air intake over the door (slider), and the ash shelf (fender) is shaped and has holes in the corners like one too. The Honey Bear normally had a roll top facing forward on the rear shield. They all had Fisher in the lower right corner of the right door as far as I know.
    They had a 6 inch outlet, 18 3/4" firebox with 20 inch wide top plate.
    Height is 30 1/4" from floor to top at rear, 25 1/2" from floor to top at front.
    Door opening 14 wide X 8 1/2" high.
    If these measurements are exactly what you have, here's some closer pics to see if the details look like the Honey Bear; (air intake top and bottom, door hinges, inside baffle plate)
    What state or appoximate area did this stove come from?
    The UL tag was riveted to the right side or rear of pedestal. You may find 4 small holes there ?
    Honey Bear top air closed.JPG Honey Bear baffle inside.JPG Honey Bear lower air closed.JPG Honey Bear 5.jpg Doors complete with size comparison.JPG