Need your help please,is this a good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can snap a pic tonight...

Actually, this is close enough. Not mine but essentially the same except I am through the foundation.

pellet-vent2.jpg

My set-up is like yours Joe B. $850 to install and line with 4inch. I would suggest some sort of support under that tee coming out of the foundation, thats a lot of weight on top of it. Rusty

Selkirk direct temp would allow you to oak through one hole as well.

Joe B - if you're looking for options, Harman thimble also uses one hole for both vent and OAK. The hole if I remember correctly was cut 7" square and the vent pipe is centered in the middle. The OAK intake on the outside half of the thimble pulls air back through around the vent pipe and channeled into the OAK connection on the inside half of the thimble. Nice setup and also creates a third wall between the exiting exhaust gasses and combustibles inside the wall.

Where in ct? I'm looking for an installer in brimfield ma if anyone knows of a person .. Need to put a 4" liner in my existing stainless steel chimney .. Just a tricky pitch to get upon the roof ..
Squire lumber is right down the street.......

Thanks for the input Daksy. I was even considering removing a portion of the chimney outside to reduce the amount of run.
I took a few pics to show what my setup is...
View attachment 139368View attachment 139369View attachment 139370View attachment 139371View attachment 139372
I'd leave all the outside pipe alone, just vent your stove using 4" to the wall with a adapter, remember pellet stoves blow exhaust air out, no need to get a draft going like a convection woodstove, i've seen pellet stoves run 3 feet of 3" straight thru a wall, where i bought my stove 15 yr's ago

Pellet-King, don't you think the 4" is excessive to run all the way up the outside pipe? I guess that is my only thought as to why I would remove the chimney itself.

MikeNH - I didn't know Harmon had a thimble with an OAK. I wonder if i should bring that up to my prospective installer. I definitely don't want to be dumb going into this install, so getting an idea of the 'proper expected cost' as well as what options to possibly suggest is what I'm ideally looking for.

Here's the manual for the Harman thimble with OAK...

Attachments

• Pellet Wall Thimble with Outside Air Manual.pdf
    498.3 KB · Views: 732
Status
Not open for further replies.