Neighbor clearing for a driveway nextdoor...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k3c4forlife

Hearth Supporter
Oct 30, 2009
Actually next to my mom's house, 2 min down the road. Putting a driveway in the backward to face the slower road. Three 24" diameter red oaks, four 20" diameter ashes, three maples, 30" and two 20". He has no one to give it to. Might need to just take it all... Anyone got a couch for me to sleep on when the wife finds out how much wood I am taking?

I read an post on here a few weeks back about someones wife who refers to wood as crack. My wife thought that was pretty funny. I'm a crack addict now that just got a big score from the newest dealer in town.

Well worth time on the couch, could not possibly pass such a nice selection so close to home, I would accept banishment for such a pile.

k3c4forlife said:
Actually next to my mom's house, 2 min down the road. Putting a driveway in the backward to face the slower road. Three 24" diameter red oaks, four 20" diameter ashes, three maples, 30" and two 20". He has no one to give it to. Might need to just take it all... Anyone got a couch for me to sleep on when the wife finds out how much wood I am taking?

I read an post on here a few weeks back about someones wife who refers to wood as crack. My wife thought that was pretty funny. I'm a crack addict now that just got a big score from the newest dealer in town.

I just read this to my wife and she said that she would throw your butt out if you didn't take it.

Zap

Why be banished to the couch with all that wood build a log cabin with a big screen and a keg cooler !

Hey, I'll take some. Even cut some up for you. I'm in northern Somerset county on 287.

My wife asked where you were, so we could come get it!

You can be pretty certain that you'll never find easier free wood than this, but you can't be certain you won't end up on the couch anyway, so I'd go with the sure bet and take the wood.

You can't have my couch. I'm going to sleep on it in front of the stove while my I send my wife to come and get the wood.

Nice score Kevin,

That ought to get you into shape for next year. Is the guy going to have a machine push them over or are you taking them down? Be safe. The 10 day forecast is brutal cold brother. 16 degrees and howling wind again today. I haven't cut wood in a couple weeks and it's killing me. Still got to take down the christmas decorations. Sure could use a break in the weather.

K3, I say "You got to get when the gettin is good" Are you thinking doing the complete job or just taking the burnable wood after the trees are down? I'd guess you can get it out of the way so you can move it over some time. But if you think you need help contact me, I'm in Morris county.

Tom

Ten trees isn't a huge job if you don't have to worry about hitting anything. A few pretty good size, but most of the trees you talked about were pretty easy to read. Get them down one at a time, limb to start, move the limbs out of the way and then start cutting it up. If you took a tree a day you would be hard pressed to take 2 weeks to cut them down. If not in a hurry even better.
Job seems doable, go for it.
Chad

Is the couch in the stove room?

Status
Not open for further replies.