Neighbor provides once again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
My wife was at a party at the neighbor's who have given us the ash tree, black walnut, etc etc when he tells my wife "Tell your husband I've got another tree for him." Seems that the recent storm took the top off a maple tree (I'm hoping for sugar maple) and he said it's waiting to be cut up. He's going to brush hog the woods so we don't get poison ivy while we're cutting and stacking. Man, I love good neighbors.

fv

I've got friends and neighbors keeping me in wood, too. By the way, Brushhogging doesn't remove the poison ivy, just shreds it up and spreads it out. It's just as potent so don't let your guard down.

I'll second the poison ivy. You still need to be careful. Also the fellow who runs the brush hog. Sap can fly so make sure nobody else is around or they may get a bad case of the stuff.

Take care of those wonderful neighbors!

I'll still be in jeans, long sleeved shirt, and gloves followed by a spraying off in the hose with soap!

fv

I recommend more than soap and water if I get anywhere remotely close to that evil stuff.

Clean up with Technu Oak and Ivy wash, damn good stuff.

KC

I've got farmer friends who constantly have some project going on. I'll probably get back at it later this week or next. Got plenty of heavy equipment I'm welcome to use, too. Good people.

I used to have really bad poison ivy reactions as a kid. Like home from school, trip to the doctor bad. I'm careful, but not even an itch since I'm all grown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.